- A. RENTOZO is responsible for the collection, use, and retention of personal information in the sense of the Indian laws applicable.
B. Type of Information Collected:
- When you visit the Platform, we may collect certain non-personal information such as your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, operating system, browser type, and Internet service provider. This type of information does not identify you personally. When you register with the Platform, we may also collect personal information that you provide such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone/mobile number, home country, pin code, and certain other information in the event you log in via Facebook depending on your privacy settings including but not limited to your name, email address, profile picture, list of friends, education, etc. ("Registration Information"). You have the option of also providing to us your fax numbers, gender, age, and/or company name if you choose to register with RENTOZO. If you provide your phone number, it may be displayed in your profile and you can even hide it. Further, if you have provided your phone number and posted an advertisement using your account, you agree to receive communications on the provided phone number from our site which may include but not be limited to automated calls or text messages. The communication may require you to confirm and verify that your account has been used to post the relevant advertisement on the Platform.
- We may also collect additional information that our users provide, such as new or deleted postings, new or deleted comments, keyword searches, scam reports, and new contact sellers. We use a third-party payment gateway for subscriptions/ payments on RENTOZO, and other third-party companies to monitor site traffic, which may, in some instances, store your information. By using this Platform or the Service, you consent to the collection, storage, and use of the personal information you provide for any of the services that we offer, and you consent to our collection of any changes or updates that you may provide to any information you provide that is collected by RENTOZO.
- By using this Platform, you consent to share your location data in order to publish information/advertisements of advertisements offered by users close to your location and vice-versa.
C. Cookies(for future)
D. How Your Information is Used
E. Protecting Your Personal Information
- You are a valued customer, and we recognize that protecting your privacy is important to you. For this reason, we are committed to protecting the personal information you provide in a variety of ways. We do not directly process any payments and do not store your credit card information. Secured socket layer ("SSL") technology is used for processing payment transactions with third-party service provider partners, such as razor pay. Your Registration Information may be protected by a unique customer password and user ID. You should not disclose your password information to anyone and you should always remember to log off if using a shared computer. Lastly, you may utilize the Platform as an anonymous user by not registering. We have taken certain security protections in safeguarding your personal information. However, as with most electronic transactions, no method is 100% safe. While we strive to use a commercially acceptable means to protect the personal information you provide, we cannot guarantee its security. Therefore, you acknowledge and agree that we assume no liability regarding the theft, loss, alteration or misuse of personal or other information or Content, including, without limitation, such information that has been provided to third parties or other users, or with regards to the failure of a third party to abide by the agreement between us and such third party. You may participate in our Forum or utilize our Comments feature. For postings to the Forum, your username will be posted. For postings using the Comments feature, your name and email will only be posted if you provide it in the comment. We strongly discourage posting any information on these features or in any Content posted by you that you do not want others to see. You agree that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, and all uses of your account, whether or not you have authorized such use.
F. Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
- You may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to the personal information that you have provided to us at email@example.com. You need not register in order to post or respond to advertisements on the Platform. If you register or respond to advertisements or posts on the Platform or post any content on the Platform, we may send you certain notifications, advertisements, promotions, surveys, text messages, specials, and phone calls in relation to the Services.. We may also send you any legally required notifications and certain notifications, including but not limited to, service-related notices or notices regarding a change to any of our policies. For example, we may send you a notice regarding server problems or scheduled maintenance to the Platform. In order to opt-out of receiving these notices, you may need to deactivate your account. You can opt-out of certain e-mail communications from us, including our newsletters, advice on buying and selling on the Platform, notifications that a user has commented on your posting, and notifications that you can refresh your posting. We will not change your preferences without your consent. You cannot opt-out of receiving transactional communications from RENTOZO related to your account.
- Any disputes regarding your privacy are subject to the Terms, including but not limited to any provisions related to indemnification, limitations on damages, and choice of law and forum.
- If you have any grievance with respect to the Platform or the Service, you can contact our grievance officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- These Terms and the other policies posted on the Platform constitute the complete and exclusive understanding and agreement between you and RENTOZO and govern your use of the Service and the Platform superseding all prior understandings, proposals, agreements, negotiations, and discussions between the parties, whether written or oral. The Terms and the relationship between you and RENTOZO shall be governed by the laws of the India. Any claim you may have against RENTOZO must be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of India. However, in the event that you are a consumer, it may be that consumer law requires that another law is applicable and that a claim may be submitted to another jurisdiction. The failure of RENTOZO to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid (including, without limitation, because such provision is inconsistent with the laws of another jurisdiction) or inapplicable, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision. If any provision or provisions of these Terms is held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Terms shall not in any way be affected or be impaired. You agree that any cause of action brought by you and arising out of or related to your use of the service and/or the platform must commence within a reasonable time and in any event within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues, except that rentozo may commence any such cause of action in accordance with the applicable statute of limitations under Indian laws. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED. These Terms shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon each party's successors and assigns.